NFL Week 2 is here. To keep tabs on some of the choicest highlights and other big news throughout Sunday, keep it locked here for updates.
- Atlanta Falcons 31, Carolina Panthers 24 (Recap)
- Indianapolis Colts 21, Washington Redskins 9 (Recap)
- Tennessee Titans 20, Houston Texans 17 Recap)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27, Philadelphia Eagles 21 (Recap)
- Kansas City Chiefs vs Pittsburgh Steelers (GameTracker)
- Miami Dolphins 20, New York Jets 12 (Recap)
- Los Angeles Chargers 31, Buffalo Bills 20 (Recap)
- Minnesota Vikings vs Green Bay Packers (GameTracker)
- New Orleans Saints 21, Cleveland Browns 18 (Recap)
- Detroit Lions vs San Francisco 49ers, 4:05 pm
- Arizona Cardinals vs Los Angeles Rams, 4:05 pm
- New England Patriots vs Jacksonville Jaguars, 4:25 pm
- Oakland Raiders vs Denver Broncos, 4:25 pm
- New York Giants vs Dallas Cowboys, 8:20 pm
Tuh-rod for the tuh!
The Cleveland Browns are giving the Saints a scare in New Orleans. Tyrod Taylor showed some fortitude with this game-tying bomb to Antonio Callaway on fourth down. But, in typical Browns fashion, the kicker missed the extra point that would have given Cleveland a lead.
Patrick Mahomes is going off
Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes wants you to know he’s for real. The first-year starter is going off against the Steelers, throwing FIVE touchdown passes through three quarters against the Steelers. FIVE!
Fitzmagic remains in Week 2
Ryan Fitzpatrick had one hell of a season debut last week, and he doesn’t appear to be slowing down early in Week 2. On the Buccaneers’ first play from scrimmage, Fitzpatrick connected with DeSean Jackson for a 75-yard touchdown.
Fitz went on to throw two more touchdowns in the first half, including another 75-yard strike to OJ Howard.
Uh, see ya
Damontae Kazee was ejected for this helmet-to-helmet hit on a sliding Cam Newton. Luckily, Newton was able to stay in the game.
Tricky, tricky Titans
Maybe someone should have covered that guy?
The Packers got on the board with a special teams touchdown after Geronimo Allison blocked a punt that was caught by Joshua Jackson in the end zone. You know you’re in for a good day when a special teams play ends in a Lambeau Leap.